Designed for the absolute ukulele beginner, this step-by-step video tutorial covers the basic foundation in mastering the art of playing the ukulele. This beginner ukulele basic 2 course is suitable for students who have basic foundation for ukulele, or have completed the ukulele basic 1 course.
The ukulele is a popular musical instrument
for anyone to pick up, no matter what age group.
Children as young as age 5, to adults and
even retirees who have no music background
can easily learn how to play the ukulele.
Subtitles are added to each video where applicable, and music notation are also incorporated so you can cross reference practical practice to theory.
The contents of this beginner 1 course is covered over 12 lessons based on face to face coaching. Valued at US$500, you can grab this at a special price of US$89
Once you have mastered the basics in this course, you can move on to our power packed "Basic 2 Ukulele Course".
If wish to enhance your ukulele strumming skills further, contact Stradivari Strings to arrange live coaching (either face to face or online):
This course is the perfect continuation to our ukulele basic 1 course. It is also suitable for students who have some basic knowledge of playing the ukulele.
Subtitles are added to videos where necessary and where applicable, scores and music notation are added so you can cross-reference practical practice to theory.
This Basic 2 Ukulele course is usually covered in traditional face to face coaching over 12 lessons. Valued at USD$500, you can grab this at a special price of US$149
If you are ready to take your ukulele playing skills further, contact Stradivari strings to arrange one to one coaching (either face to face or online):
Access the Ukulele basic 1 and 2 courses for a special bundle price of $199
This is a savings of $39!
Grab this bundle promotion price now!
MEET OUR ukulele teachers
(Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Music Theory)
Yvette graduated from NAFA (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts) School of Music with Diploma in Guitar. She has also attained grade 8 level in guitar from Trinity College London, as well as grade 8 ABRSM music theory. She has extensive experience coaching student on private, one – to – one lessons as well as guitar ensemble coaching in Singapore primary school. Aside from coaching, Yvette has chamber music experience as well as performance experience. The latest include the First International Nikita Koshikin Competition For Young Guitarist (2021).
Deomar is a local guitarist and songwriter who has been making music and teaching guitar for the past 10 years or so. He is registered with the Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT). He has played as a session musician in Malaysia in 2002 for industry veteran Sharrie Aljunied for various functions. His playing style ranges from blues, rock & roll, to jazz and top 40′s.
Deomar has 15 years of teaching experience and he specializes in coaching acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, classical guitar, and ukulele. His students range from age 6 to 80 years old.
Deomar is part of a function and club group Aqal that has played in venues across Singapore, Malaysia and Cambodia. The group started playing in Millie’s Restaurant (Singapore) as the resident band, and has moved on to performing at leading 5-Star Hotels as well as top nightspots in countries as far as Cambodia, Indonesia and Malaysia. In Singapore, Deomar has played at Club 9, Aranda Country Club, Hollandse Club, The British Club, Fullmoon Beach Bar, Cairnhill Cockpit Hotel Lounge as well as other performance venues.
With his extensive performance experience as well as commitment to making music, Deomar is able to ensure that his students not only learn the basics of playing the guitar, but also get a sense of the passion and the inspiration that drives him everyday to make music!
((Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Ukulele))
A music coach, music producer and musician. Calvin is a music veteran. He has over 20 years of experience playing the guitar for more than 20 years. He also has over 400 original compositions. Among his accolades include: Highly Commended Winner for Scala Songwriting Competition 2001, Semi-Finals for Mova Songwriting Festival 2002, Entry of Merit, Top 10 percent of 4500 entries from 50 countries in Unisong 2003.
Calvin specializes in acoustic guitar lessons, electric guitar lessons, and ukulele lessons. He has a repertoire of over 2000 popular songs for his guitar classes. These include current pop song, English classics, as well as Chinese songs. Genre he specializes in, include country, blues, rock, acoustic fingerstyle, pop, metal.
Calvin started private guitar lesson coaching from 2013. His students age range from 4 to 65. His teaching style focuses on learning songs with relevant music theory taught on the side for students to understand the guitar and ukulele lessons. He also coaches technical skills of playing the guitar and ukulele.
(Ukulele, Acoustic Guitar, Music Theory)
Arshad is getting his Bachelors of Music (BA Hons) degree from Laselle College of the Arts, specializing in electronic music. He is proficient in the ukulele and guitar. Arshad coaches the ukulele, guitar and beat boxing.
He has won many music competitions including SuaraWGS in January 2020 (a Malay Singing competition organised by Wisma Geylang Serai), BDazzled 2019 (Grand Champion in open category Singing category), A Cappella championships 3rd place in 2013 (beatbox category), BDazzled Diamond awards for under 21 Singing competition (year 2014, 2015, 2016).
The ukulele is a four stringed musical instrument which one can strum and sing along. It is easy to learn, and is a perfect first musical instrument for any beginner level students who have no music background. It is perfect for kids as young as three years old, to adults who are retirees. Of course, anyone of any age can learn to play the ukulele successfully!
Moreover, the ukulele is relatively inexpensive compared to other musical instruments. One can get a decent sounding ukulele for less than a hundred dollars. It is also so fun to strum and sing along, either by yourself or with a group of friends.
The way we work and study has morphed a lot since year 2020, since COVID-19 disrupted our lives. Working from home is the de facto choice as opposed to travelling to and from work place. For school-going children, online academic classes have also become the norm. With time saved from the daily commute to and from work or school, many have started online music lessons. Among all the musical instruments, the ukulele is one of the most popular choice. If you are considering online ukulele classes, let me run through the things you need to prepare so you can maximize you lessons:
1. Select a suitable ukulele before you start lessons. There are different sizes available. Popular sizes are the soprano and the concert size ukulele. The former is suitable for children or petite size adults while the latter suits adult learners. Go you your local ukulele shop and try strumming a range of ukulele. Go for good, solid tone quality. You are playing music and need to emote through the instrument so a good sounding ukulele will motivate you to practice more.
2. Decide on a budget for your ukulele. A started ukulele costs around fifty dollars, and this can go up to thousands of dollars for premium hand-crafted ones. Find out from the ukulele shop the difference in the range, ask relevant questions so that you can make an informed decision on which ukulele to procure.
3. Decide if you wish to start beginner ukulele lessons by yourself, or learn with a relative or a friend. You can also form a group to start lessons. Starting one to one lessons enables you to progress much faster. However if you learn in a group, you will enjoy the fun of strumming together. If you decide on group lessons, do select your group mates carefully so you can enjoy the synergy during your online ukulele lessons.
4. Prepare a tuner so that you can learn how to tune your ukulele. If you are learning as a group, you can share one tuner. Ensure that your tuner is compatible for tuning ukulele or guitar. During your lessons, your coach will explain to you how to tune your ukulele. It is important to ensure that your ukulele is perfectly tuned so that you strum perfectly to your favourite songs.
5. Get a few guitar picks. You may find it uncomfortable to strum or pluck the strings of your ukulele. In this case you should prepare a few guitar picks for the lessons. As these are quite small, there is a tendency for ukulele students to lose their pick. So to be safe, you should prepare a few picks.
6. For your online ukulele classes, you should set up with a laptop or desktop as the screen is much bigger. This is especially essential if you are learning with a group of relatives or friends. The audio of your laptop or desktop should also be clear as you will be listening to your ukulele teacher’s instructions online.7. Find a conducive environment to have you online ukulele lessons. If you have a study or room at home, you can soundproof the room by drawing the blinds or windows, close the door so that you will not be distracted by outside environment.
You can start beginner ukulele lessons online as an option. Get started with Stradivari Strings online course with detailed step by step instructions. Learn ukulele chords in minutes . Build your skills with our easy to understand online lessons. Learn to strum to popular songs to. You can replay and watch the videos many times over till you perfect your strumming techniques.
If you are looking to learn a music instrument online, look for one of the best ukulele schools — Stradivari Strings.