Playing any instrument is a matter of time and patience. Learning to play violin can be darn exciting for people as there are various new concepts along with techniques that needs to be incorporated. Even most of the beginner violin players tend to be overly excited about it, as there are tons of new skills needed to play. However, rather than looking for things located far it is always better to focus on the fundamentals of playing guitar, You might have personal reasons to choose violin but if you are dreaming of something great for a successful career, you need to go through different stages and progress step by step.
There will be times when you will make mistakes but will not always find professionals by your side. In order to walk through the right path, you need to first have complete knowledge about it. This is the reason why today we will focus on listing the many do’s and don’ts of the beginner violinists. This can help you make a successful career by maximizing the speed of violin learning and express yourself with the help of the strings.
So let’s dive into it.
- Do make a regular practice session. Always remember that mastering the string instruments is always a hard endeavor and in order to learn successfully all you need is tons of practice. Now, there is no wonder that you cannot spend 5 to 10 hours every day not only because you don’t have the time but also it will get bore. This is the reason why you need to keep and maintain a practice session in order to develop the skills faster and effectively. You can set the schedule as per your need. It is completely your wish whether you want to spend 20 to 30 minutes in a day at morning, evening or at night.
Irrespective of the time, just make sure that you spend the time on practicing. If you are taking violin classes for adults from a renowned school, you will be advised by the trainers regarding the training sessions.
- Don’t skip performing your finger exercises prior to practicing. Most of the beginners do not pay attention to it and do not comprehend the need for warming up the fingers and tend to feel the pain later. When you do the exercise prior to practicing, you actually gear up the muscle to take the next session of repeated training. This helps to prevent chronic pain that comes from repetitive motion.
- Do make proper methods of practice. If you keep practicing the mistakes, you will never be able to make progress in future. All the beginners require making effective techniques of practicing to be able to fulfill their dreams in future. Make sure you have proper techniques of visualization to understand and overcome the difficult. Constant practice and rectifying the mistakes can become a lot helpful in the entire process.
- Don’t ignore the posture. There are several students available who keep holding the violin in an improper manner as it is a complete new thing for them. All you need is to know the right way to hold and keep the posture correct. Even when these things seems not matter for people, in the learning process it s crucial. When you are relaxed in your posture, you will be able to enjoy the position and keep practicing without feeling the pain.
- Do take pause while practicing. This is recommended just to help your fingers get relaxed and able to stretch. Some of the chronic injuries happen when someone keeps doing the same thing for a prolonged period of time. If you are a beginner and facing the same problem, you don’t need any doctor but you need to take breaks while practicing. This will help to relax the muscles and help you play violin with ease.
- Don’t expect to become a master overnight. If you are excited, it’s understandable but if you are motivated with the films, then please keep realistic expectation. Nobody on earth has gained mastery overnight. It takes years of practice. You will fail for several times during your initial days but you need to continue. Keep your patience, follow the rules, and keep practicing – a day will come when you will be able to play songs fluently.
- Do learn from a professional school. There will be people to offer different advice, but all you have to do is not fall in the trap. Only when you have the professionals to provide you with adult violin lessons, you can choose them. Other than that even when several people recommend going for online better to opt for school. The reason is because when it’s online, you are able to see, but are the professionals able to hear whether you are playing the right notes? No! Also will they practically help you to hold the violin? No! This is why it is always recommended to choose a school that has great trainers. You have Stradivari Strings as well to train you.
- Don’t skip on checking the tune of the instrument prior to playing and after buying. It is always suggested to the beginners to tune the instrument before playing. While most of the players do it, if you aren’t sure about the things to do after buying one, you first need to tune. Being a beginner, your ears are not pro enough to understand the tune and therefore make sure you tune it from the professionals. You can also buy a portable tuner to be able to tune the instrument.
So these are some of the most common do’s and don’ts that you definitely need to follow irrespective of the fact that you are a beginner or in the intermediate level or an expert. In order to become a pro all you need is to follow the rules and get rid of mistakes. If you are willing to become a violin players and dreaming to enjoy a career, it is advised to join Stradivari Strings today. They have the professionals, courses and with range of great facilities specifically designed to fulfill the needs of the students.
Get admission and enjoy a great career as a violin player.